In some cases, you may need to disable the auto-registration feature that is enabled by default for EMC CLARiiON arrays on vSphere and use manual registration. To perform manual registration using storage management software, turn off the ESX/ESXi auto-registration feature.
To disable the auto-registration feature:
- In the vSphere Client, select the host in the inventory.
- Click the Configuration tab and click Advanced Settings under Software.
- Select Disk in the left panel and scroll to Disk.EnableNaviReg.
- Change the default value to 0.
- Reboot the ESX host for the changes to take effect.