DOCSOpen Outlook Integration
One of many idiotic problems with this buggy integration -
DOCS Open - Outlook Integration - Attaching Documents to Outlook XP Plain Text Format E-mail Messages
In DOCS Open 3.9.5, using Outlook Integration Build 20, and in DOCS Open 3.9.6, using Microsoft Outlook XP, when you attempt to attach a document to an e-mail message in Plain Text format, instead of attaching the document, the View menu in Outlook expands and no document is attached.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start DOCS Open.
2. Start Microsoft Outlook XP.
3. Open an existing e-mail message in Plain Text format.
4. Click the Reply or Forward button.
5. Select Insert>From DOCS Open (or click the toolbar button); a Quick Retrieve window appears.
6. Select a document and click OK; the Insert Type window appears.
7. Click Attach.
8. Instead of attaching the document, the View menu in Outlook expands, and no document is attached.
If you then open an e-mail message in HTML or Rich Text format and repeat the steps to reproduce as listed above, then two documents are attached (the document previously selected during the Plain Text e-mail and the current attachment). Once a document is successfully attached to an e-mail message, it is then possible to attach documents to Plain Text format e-mail messages.
This issue is resolved in DOCS Open 3.9.6 Outlook Integration Patch 1 (Build 24)