- Start Screen: to get there, press the key on your keyboard with the "Windows" flag. I'll type that as "[w]" from now on.
- Desktop: [w]+d
- Charms: [w]+c
- Settings, the Metro-ish Control Panel: [w]+I
- Lock Orientation so it doesn't jump between portrait and landscape with [w]+O
- Explorer is a pain to get more than one window open at a time but [w]+E always brings up a new Explorer window
- Many administrative tools can be accessed more quickly with [w]+x
- The new Metro modern apps have a wonky menu structure so to see every option all at once, [w]+z