Pages

2/04/2003

Internet::E-Mail::Testing

e-mail autoresponder addresses
I like to have the ability to do a quick test of my e-mail system a few times throughout the day. I've gotten in the habit of sending a message to an autoresponder.
The one I liked best, echo@psi.com, quit working. It's been quite some time so I've given up hope that it was just a temporary problem. I liked it because it echoed back the message you sent it. I always used a message with the time I sent it as the subject that gave me a response time for comparison without having to figure it out myself.
Some other options I found while searching:
1. echo@osi.com.au - a long physical distance from the us so it takes a little while. It also doesn't echo back you exact same message so it is not as helpful or useful in as many ways.
2. spam.echo@clearswift.com - will send you back a test spam message.
3. test@sstar.com - will send you back a message containing a list of other autoresponders: (I haven't tried them all yet.)
test@bayonne.net - doesn't work.
test@buscom.net - works
test@buscomnet.com -
test@cshore.com - works
test@digiplay.com
test@ifxgroup.net
test@tcmetro.net
test@toltbbs.com
test@tznet.com
test@zzapp.org
4. You could setup your own with a yahoo account and a vacation response or a hotmail account with an alert e-mail to your internal e-mail address or pager.

E-Mail me any others you know of or any other ideas you have for verifying e-mail connectivity.

No comments: